Preparation (28th Nov to 2nd Dec)
– juicing 8 oranges daily
– fruits for lunch (sometimes I skip this)
– a meal later in the day (salad preferably)
2nd Dec is my niece’s 5th birthday celebration I intend to just eat fruits/salad that I will prepare myself and bring to the party
The Book 1 OJ Fast in just three easy steps!
Orange Juice Fast Day 1 to Day 3 (Dec 3 to Dec 5)
1. Drink one pint of fresh squeezed juice each day.
2. The first 3 mornings, mix 1-2 tsp of epsom salts in a glass of distilled water. Drink.
3. Take 8 LBB (Lower Bowel Balance) capsules daily (ok not 100% Book 1 OJ fast,as the original Book 1 OJ fast does not include herbs and uses cold enema every night instead)
- If you’re weak (either physically or mentally!), drink one pint of carrot juice * note: MH does not recommend carrot juice
- Drink as much water as needed during the day.
- Try and get as much pulp out of the juice as possible. The pulp gets your digestive enzymes going which makes you feel hungry.
- Start out with only 1 tsp of the epsom salts. Evaluate how it makes you feel (or how quickly you feel the urge to use the restroom) and increase the amount based on that.
The epsom salts do taste pretty nasty, so you’ll probably
want to keep a little orange juice by you for a chaser!
- The epsom salts help with hunger and act as a laxative. They’re tough to choke down, but will help you to gently empty your colon within the hour!
- The LBB (Lower Bowel Balance) capsules will help with the detox symptoms. It allows the waste to pass through your colon rather than through your skin, nose, mouth, etc. (again, the real Book 1 OJ Fast does not include LBB or herbs and recommends nightly cold enema instead)
Day 4 to 14 (Dec 6 to Dec 19)
– Same as Day 1 to 3 (except that there is no need to take the Epsom salt water in the morning)
Day 15 (Dec 20)
– break the fast by eating the oranges whole (instead of juicing them)
In preparation for the Christmas and New Year family traditions (which is around food) I will continue the orange juice during the day and just eat a meal at night, until the 3rd of January
The true MH Way Orange Juice Feast
– includes a pre-cleanse (Day 1- 5) using herbs while eating fruitarian diet
– liver flush (Day 6 – 7) using herbs, epsom salt, olive oil and grapefruit juice
– then the orange juice feast with herbs again (it can be as short as 3 days, 14 days, 21 days or a full 40 day fast)
Note: MH is not a fan of carrots though, so instead of carrot juice he recommends a teaspoon of sorghum molasses dissolved in a glass of water, or coconut water or lecithin to help those who feel too weak.
I intend to do the true MH Way Orange Juice Feast during the Lenten Season 2013.
– precleanse would be 6-10 Feb
– liver flush days would be 11-12 Feb
– then a 40 day fast from 13 Feb to 30 March 2013. (Lenten Fast).
However for this 40 day fast, I would drink coconut water/juice so as not to loose too much weight too soon.
Anyone else who want to feast with me?